You are invited to join Tom Ingram, Executive Director of DEMA, for a brainstorming session at Scuba Show in Long Beach, CA on June 9th. It is an opportunity for you to provide input on the direction of the Diving Industry over the next few years. DEMA has already implemented many of the ideas generated in similar brainstorming sessions throughout 2011 and 2012, including:
- Access to health insurance for DEMA Members, including business owners and their employees.
- Access to Worker’s Compensation Insurance for DEMA Members.
- Increased use of social media as well as examples of how social media can be beneficial to diving businesses, including the use of a DEMA Blog and increased interaction with the professional and recreational diving community on Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
- Implementation of programs to reach a younger audience and bring them into diving.
- Creation and promotion of programs which encourage “local diving” to keep divers more active year-round.
All of these ideas came directly from previous 2020 Vision Sessions and members of the Industry just like YOU!
DEMA’s Board of Directors is looking for your ideas to help you take control of your business. Please plan to attend this important brainstorming session at Scuba Show! DEMA encourages all Industry Professionals to register in advance and join us on Sunday, June 9th from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. to continue the discussion.
- When? Sunday, June 9th, 2013 from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Where? Scuba Show, Long Beach, Seaside Room 4A
- Who? All Dive Industry Professionals are welcome
If you have any questions please contact DEMA at (858) 616-6408 or email@example.com. DEMA extends its appreciation to Beneath the Sea for co-sponsoring this session.