Input Helps Improve the Diving Industry
Join Tom Ingram, Executive Director of DEMA, for a brainstorming session at Beneath the Sea in Secaucus, NJ on March 30th. It is an opportunity for you to provide input on the direction of the Diving Industry over the next few years. DEMA has already implemented many of the ideas generated in previous 2020 Vision brainstorming sessions since its inception in 2011, including:
- Access to health insurance for DEMA Members, including business owners and their employees.
- Access to Worker’s Compensation Insurance for DEMA Members.
- Increased use of social media as well as examples of how social media can be beneficial to diving businesses, including the use of a DEMA Blog and increased interaction with the professional and recreational diving community on Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
- Implementation of programs to reach a younger audience and bring them into diving.
- Creation and promotion of programs which encourage “local diving” to keep divers more active year-round.
DEMA’s 2020 Vision is tackling some of these topics in depth during this upcoming session. Two hot brainstorming topics for discussion in New Jersey include getting more young people involved in diving and how to reactivate previous divers who have been out of the water for a while. These two topics have been raised at other 2020 Vision Sessions and are the key point of focus for the upcoming discussion.
DEMA’s Board of Directors is looking for your ideas to help us all take control of our businesses. Please plan to attend this important brainstorming session at BTS! DEMA encourages all Industry Professionals to register in advance and join us on Sunday, March 30 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. to continue the discussion. Those registering for the Session in advance can request a free ticket to the Show during the registration process, compliments of Beneath the Sea.
- When? Sunday, March 30, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Where? 2nd Floor, Press Room at Beneath the Sea
- Who? All Dive Industry Professionals are welcome